University of Washington Large Ensemble Wind and Percussion Auditions 2021/22
*Please sign up for an audition here
*The site will be updated as audition excerpts are submitted by faculty. Please check the posting date.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th, 2021
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th, 2021
Meany Center for the Performing Arts, room 268, UW Seattle campus
4040 George Washington Lane Northeast, Seattle, WA 98195
-Enter from red square doors, go up stairs, and down the hall. There will be signs.
- Sign up for an audition
- Be sure to be available during the entire listed date and time for your instrument. You will be assigned a specific audition slot within the time range for your instrument. This info will be sent to the email address you list on the form one week before the audition date. If you have a time conflict, please contact UW Bands TA Shaun Day at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to work out a solution.
- Go to Meany Hall, room 268 (top floor) on the day of the audition, at least 10 minutes before your specific audition time slot.
- Check in with the audition coordinator outside of the audition room.
- When it is your time, the audition coordinator will guide you to enter the room.
- The audition is anonymous (behind a screen) so please do not speak during the audition. Listen carefully to the instructions given by the adjudicators. Music will be provided but you may bring your own in as well. The audition will last 5-10 minutes.
- After the audition, please take any music you brought in with you, but leave any music that was already on the stand.
- You will be sent audition results by email shortly after the audition day.
- Note: As of now, there are no warm-up rooms or areas in the building. However, you are welcome to warmup outside or in the parking garage.