FALL AUDITIONS 2019
WE - Wind Ensemble, SO - Symphonic Orchestra, SB - Symphonic Band, CP - Campus Philharmonia
Please sign up for an audition here: https://forms.gle/vJnF22NBeVdMPwnM9
Ensemble audition excerpts found here: https://music.washington.edu/prepared-excerpts-2019-ensemble-auditions
Monday, September 23rd, Meany Hall, room #268
Tuesday, September 24th, Meany Hall, room #268
- sign up for an audition here: https://forms.gle/vJnF22NBeVdMPwnM9
- arrive at Meany Hall (map), room 268 (top floor) on the day of the audition.
- arrive at your audition at least 15 minute before the listed time for your instrument (no warm up rooms available but you could warm up in the lobby on the basement floor)
- determine with audition coordinator your exact audition time and that your contact information is correct
- DO NOT SPEAK once you enter the room. There will be a screen preventing auditioners from seeing who you are. This helps make the auditions fair (prepared excerpts for each instrument are linked above)
- The auditioners will tell you which excerpt to start with, when to stop, which excerpt to play next, when to play a sight reading piece, and when to leave the room
- The audition will take approximatley 10 minutes to complete
- You will find out about the results that evening via the contact information on the form you filled
CAN I PLAY WITHOUT AN AUDITION?
Yes! The UW Concert and Campus Bands (MUSEN 309/509) are open to all players without audition, Wednesday evenings, 7:00-9:00. Our first meeting will be in Meany Hall Rm 268 on Wednesday September 25th at 7:00pm. All campus and concert band students should attend this first rehearsal. Bring your instruments, as we will play at the first rehearsal.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO PLAY IN MORE THAN ONE ENSEMBLE?
Yes! Rehearsals are scheduled to avoid conflicts between different ensembles including jazz ensembles and Husky Marching Band.